Monday, July 25, 2011

Saturday I walked 8 miles.  I was so thankful to have a training partner during that walk because I could feel myself mentally crumbling toward the end.  My toes were killing me and it seemed like we were walking down hill a whole lot.  Sunday I got up and walked 6.  I really didn't feel up to it but I knew I would hate myself if I didn't do it.  I did it.  I'm glad I did it.

Muscles are achy but not anything I can't deal with.   This week I walk 3 miles on Tuesday, 5 miles Thursday, 10 miles Saturday and 6 miles on Sunday.  My 10 mile day will be a new mental challenge for me but one I am looking forward to conquering.

I'm still fundraising.  My goal is $5000 and I have reached $1700.  I would love for you to consider making a donation.  The money goes straight to the Susan G. Komen foundation.  Virtually every milestone made regarding breast cancer has come as a result of the Komen foundation.  Think of the first person that comes to your mind who has lost their battle with breast cancer and what you would give to have them back with their family.  Or think of the one person closest to you and what you would give to keep them healthy.  Your donation will help bring an end to breast cancer.  How awesome is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment