Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The start

Well I did the deed.  Tonight I registered for a Susan G. Komen walk in Dallas this November.  We will walk 60 miles in 3 days.

60 miles in 3 days.


I am a little intimidated by this.  My mind begins to race.  I wonder how I will train for this and what kind of shoes I will need.  I know I will need good socks (socks are very important).  And then I wonder - holy moly - what happens if it rains????

But then I step outside of myself for just a moment and look at what it all means.  I think of my friends who have survived breast cancer - and of those who have not.  I think of the grandchildren they never met and the hugs their daughters miss.  I think of the struggle - of the emotions that come about when diagnosed.  And then I think - 60 miles in 3 days?  I can do this.

I used to be fit but I am not now.  I am starting at zero and this November I will be walking 60 miles.  Will you support me?  I must raise at least $2300 to participate but I set my goal for $5000.  I know we can reach that.

For your convenience, you can make your donation online using this link

I hope you will check this blog often and follow me and my good friend Jessica as we approach the big weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment