Wednesday, March 30, 2011

And She's Off...

She, meaning me.

      Hi, my name is Jessica and I am half of the team called Zero to Sixty. I am 27 years old and a wife, mother, teacher, and wanna be fitness fanatic. I have been on the website SPARKPEOPLE since 3/15/2010. I love the friends and support I have been given. I have been trying to live a healthier lifestyle for a year now, and have just managed to maintain my weight. I joined WEIGHTWATCHERS in January and I have been trying to eat healthier and listen to my "hunger cues". While all of this is good, I have come to the realization that I have gotten to the age where my metabolism can not be revved by merely eating right. I have to be exercising as well.

     I decided that I want to have a big goal to work towards for fitness. Well, it doesn't get much bigger than 60 miles in 3 days. Today is the day that I have joined the Susan G. Komen 3 day walk for a cure. I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. Net proceeds from the 3-Day for the Cure fund innovative global breast cancer research and local community programs supporting education, screening and treatment. Virtually every major advance in the fight against breast cancer in the last 28 years has been impacted by a Komen for the Cure grant.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,300 in donations.So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation? Keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train. You can give online at The3Day.org. Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising webpage and make a donation. You can also call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone.

http://www.the3day.org/goto/SweetNScrappy_JessicaJoyMarshall

Somewhere in the world, a woman dies from breast cancer every 69 seconds. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment