Saturday, July 30, 2011

That isn't pain, it's pride.

I walked my first 10 mile day in this training so far.

All week I have been trying not to psyche myself out about it.  I knew I would be alone and it would have been the longest I had walked yet.  In addition my right foot is not playing along as well as I would like.  But I knew that if I kept thinking about the negative, kept wondering if I could do it, that I would not do it.

I knew I could do it.  But the mind is either your friend or your enemy and I needed it to be my friend.  So I focused on the truth.  I could do this.  I would do this.  And I will do it again.

One of my friends/co-worker joined me for the last 4 miles.  That was a real boost and came at the right time.  I was happy to have the company and someone to enjoy the beautiful weather with.  I think I would have been just as successful without her, but it would not been nearly as enjoyable.

I've been so proud of myself all day I find myself smiling from time to time.  Accomplishment feels good.

I repeat the same workout this coming week.  Sunday 6, Tuesday 3, Thursday 5, Saturday 10.

Thanks for coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment