Sunday, June 26, 2011

me and my toes are no longer friends

104 miles down.


Most of me is loving this journey - - part of me does not.  That part of me that is not having fun is mostly my toes, my shins and my right hip.  I laugh and try to figure out how to cope with these things because it is only just beginning.  We are still 19 weeks from the event and I will be logging a whole lot of miles between now and then.

Yesterday's walk really hit me hard.  I didn't eat well before I went and had nothing but water with me.  I crashed hard at 4 miles and dragged 2 more after that - the lesson is learned.  I can assure you THAT will not happen again!

So far I have only found one walking area that has water faucets, which is unfortunate.  I did not want to do it but I am going to have to buy a Hydration pack (Camel) like I used to wear when I hiked.  There is just no other way to ensure I have the water I need.  I'm still looking for walking partners for the weekend walks.  Those longer walks allow a lot of time for negativity to enter the mind.  While that negativity will be a good thing to overcome, I just assume have a partner to distract me.  lol  Hey - I'll take what I can.

My toes really do hate me right now.

Interested in Donating?  Visit this link

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I think I will be purchasing a camel back too. I hope your toes stop screaming at you soon! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete