Sunday, May 1, 2011

187 Days

Yesterday was an incredible training day.

I was a little concerned because I have never handled heat well, and earlier in the day while working in the yard I became really shaky.  In the 2 hours that followed I tried to drink a lot of water, but when I set out I still wasn't feeling 100%.  The first mile was a little tough.  My muscles were cramping in my legs, but then I got my second wind.  As I was nearing the end of mile 3 I wanted to walk some more, so I added a quarter mile detour.  I would have walked further, I think, but I was getting blisters and didn't have anything with me to help there.  I gotta stop doing that.

The new shoes are great.  I took out the insoles and replaced them with athletic supports.  I have almost no knee pain today (unlike every walk before) but I do have blisters (unlike every walk before).  I'm not sure if the inserts are the cause or not.  I do think my shoes might be a tad small.  I am going to have to bite the bullet and go to one of those specialty stores - for at least one pair - just to make sure I have a good fitting shoe.  I do hate the idea of spending that much on shoes but I know it is worth it in the end.

The first aid aisle of stores has now become my favorite place to be.  I've got ointments, lotions, blister stuff, portable first aid (that I fail to bring with me).....

I have raised $875 so far toward my goal.  I am so thankful for those who have donated so far.  I must raise $2300 to participate, so the closer I get to that goal the more I feel I can concentrate on the training.

If you haven't seen my training walk pics yet, check them out.  You can find them in the sidebar on the right!

Click here to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment