Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rest. Ice. Elevate,

After two hours at a doctor's office (and only about 10 minutes total with said staff and doctor) those words are what is scrawled along the bottom of the paper they hand me as I check out.

Rest.  Ice.  Elevate.

I'm glad it isn't a fracture.  Well - we don't think it is.  The radiologist will read it and get back with me next week.  I don't want it to be a fracture, but the dull ache is one that I recognize from previous similar injuries.  Of course, this whole training ballgame is different.  I can't depend fully on what I have known before.

So rest.  Of course I am interpreting "rest" as don't walk 16 miles this weekend (as planned).  I joined the gym again this morning.  I'll be there - on a bike and/or elliptical for the same amount of time I would have been walking.  If you think I'm slowing down one bit then you don't know me very well. 

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment