Tuesday, September 13, 2011

a short update from a tall person

Alas.

It has been an interesting journey.  I have had this deadline (for the walk - first weekend in November) to focus on and keep me motivated, but I have also had what has felt like a million setbacks.  Back problems, foot problems, shoe issues, stomach bugs and increasing amounts of overtime at the office have taken their toll on my enthusiasm.  All through it I think I have done a decent job staying positive and moving forward, but here at 8 weeks away from the walk I am feeling a little nervous and unprepared.  I really wish I had been able to do all my training walks.  I really wish I was more confident with my shoes.

I took the last shoes (the shoes from hell) back to the store I bought them from and they were overwhelmingly helpful.  They spent time with me to troubleshoot the issues and then exchanged the shoes and inserts with no problem.  I was so relieved.  These new shoes felt good right away, so I am optimistic.  This week is a short week, mileage wise, so I won't have to work at breaking them in on a 15 mile trek. That didn't work so well for me last time. 

I am hoping these shoes will be perfect and I can go buy the other pair next week.  If not, I feel I am getting dangerously close to the walk for having new shoes.  I know it will all work out - - but those little butterflies in my stomach are really wanting some sneakers on their imagined feet.

I have raised 51% of my fundraising goal.  Have you donated yet?  Your donation will help bring an end to breast cancer.  Save the life of someone's mommy today.  Donate here.

If you would like to help me purchase the items I need for the remainder of my training and the walk itself, please check out this link.

Many thanks to all of you for your love and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment